Webster TX Bed Bug Exterminator
Bed bugs are parasites that feed on human blood, generally at night when their hosts are asleep. Webster TX bed bug infestations are notoriously difficult to prevent because they can hide in tiny cracks and crevices during the day. Here is how you can reduce the chances of bed bugs infesting your home:
- Never bring bedding, clothing, or used furniture into your home without first checking its condition. Bed bugs often hitch a ride in these items, which is one of the most common ways bed bugs are spread from place to place. If an item appears damaged or dusty, do not purchase it – bed bugs will dwell inside whatever tiny holes they can find.
- When staying at a hotel, inspect the bed sheets before putting your suitcase down on the bed. Be wary of bed bugs hiding in bedding, particularly around the seams.
- Do not leave luggage on the bed or floor while you are out of your room. Keep luggage elevated on luggage racks or stowed away in closets. Inspect hotel rooms for bed bugs periodically throughout your stay, as bed bugs often congregate where people sleep.
- Vacuum carpets and furniture regularly to remove any bed bug eggs. Eggs can be difficult to spot with the naked eye but appear as tiny white dots against darker surfaces. If you have a bed bug problem, do so at night, when bed bugs are more likely to be active. A vacuum cleaner will remove both bed bugs and their eggs from carpets and upholstered furniture.
- Tightly seal any bedding, clothing, or other fabric in plastic bags when you are storing it. This will prevent bed bugs from infesting your belongings while they are in storage.
- Wash all bedding and clothing you bring into your home in 140 degrees Fahrenheit water. This temperature is hot enough to kill bed bug eggs and will prevent bed bugs from infesting your bedding. If you want to be extra sure that your bedding does not contain bed bugs, dry clean it before bringing it into your house.
If you have a bed bug infestation, the best course of action is to call Pest Bros Pest Control. Our exterminators can treat your Webster, TX bed bug problem effectively without endangering your family’s safety or wellbeing.
Bed bug infestations can be prevented by taking proactive measures to monitor for bed bugs at home and on items entering the house. If you suspect an infestation already exists, call a Webster TX bed bug exterminator to prevent the spread of bedbugs and reinfestation.
Get A Free Quote